Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What’s the Deal With Vandalism?

Most crimes I can understand a possible reason for. I know there are crimes of greed, passion, hatred, and so on. But I’ve never understood, nor have I heard any kind of explanation for vandalism. What can possibly be gained by randomly painting a building with some stupid words or signs? What feeling does it give a vandal to take a golf club (probably stolen) and put it through the windshield of someone elses car. A complete stranger. I just don’t get it.

Is it “if I can’t have this you can’t have this”? Of course, they could have it if they would go to work everyday and sleep at night instead of riding around town destroying randomly.

And vandals themselves are impressive people. You have to be courageous to be a vandal. Oh, wait, no you don’t. Only cowards vandalize. You have to be talented to be a vandal. Actually, I’m wrong about that. Any moron can break in a building and smash equipment. You have to be intelligent to be a vandal. Actually, you can be as dumb as dirt and still deflate Christmas decorations in the middle of the night in the front yard of an 80 year old cancer victim. Impressive.

I guess, then, I have figured out what kind of people vandalize: cowardly, bored, untalented, and stupid. Or maybe they are just lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment